Poached Egg and Avocado Toast
This avocado toast recipe has become a bit of a star for us. It’s been featured in both Jamie and Olive magazines as well as constantly being replicated on Instagram and Facebook.
Hardly surprising as once you’ve tried this avocado toast recipe, you wonder why you ever bothered with anything else for breakfast.
Our Smoked Chilli Mayo works unbelievably well with eggs, however you like’em. But for us, the poached reigns supreme!
If this recipe is making you feel like Eggs you should check out all our other Egg recipes.
Poached Egg & Avocado Toast Recipe
- 2-4 Slices of sourdough bread
- 2-4 Fresh, free-range eggs
- 1 Ripe avocado
- Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
- Nothing complicated here...simply toast your sourdough slices and spread with a generous layer of Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo (and butter if you're feeling naughty!).
- Poach your eggs in boiling water (carefully break the eggs from as low a height as possible into water which is close to boiling, but not bubbling. Add a small glug of white wine vinegar to help keep the white from breaking up). Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Smash or slice the avocado and put onto toast. Top with poached egg, salt & pepper.
Spread Sour Dough Toast with
Gran Luchito Smoked Chilli Mayo
Have you tried this Avocado toast recipe? If so please do let us know how you got on.